I have revised the route out of Oak Ridge (Day #4) to use the greenway along Emory Valley Rd and Lake Melton and to use the bike lane along Clinton Rd. It may be a hair-bit tougher than Alt#1 route but likely to be more scenic and relaxing.
This is exactly the route I'd settled on as my best guess for a USBR between Oak Ridge toward Knoxville as far as Clinton Hiway. After that I favored going on to TN 62 and entering Knoxville via Western Ave. It has decent shoulders most of the way. West Emory has less traffic but is still heavy enough with particularly aggressive drivers to make me prefer Western. When I did it my destination was the UT campus and I learned whay they call gong back to UT "Returning to the Hill."
This is exactly the route I'd settled on as my best guess for a USBR between Oak Ridge toward Knoxville as far as Clinton Hiway. After that I favored going on to TN 62 and entering Knoxville via Western Ave. It has decent shoulders most of the way. West Emory has less traffic but is still heavy enough with particularly aggressive drivers to make me prefer Western. When I did it my destination was the UT campus and I learned whay they call gong back to UT "Returning to the Hill."
ReplyDelete